Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scooby Doo! Off to Spain to Get Bless

Off to Spain

I'm off to Spain tomorrow morning, bright and early.  Will travel through JFK/NYC, and then on to Madrid, arriving at about 9:40 a.m. on Thursday.  Meeting up with Diane, from Scooby. We'll pick up the van from Madrid and head over to Scooby Medina del Campo to begin our first work day.  Looking forward to a very interesting adventure!

Bless

Feeling very blessed to be able to bring back the Galga (female) that I originally selected, named "Bless".  She's a beautiful brindle greyhound, and I'm so looking forward to meeting her.  All plans have been set for her journey home.  We purchased the kennel, puppy pads, soft cushion bed, food dishes that attach to the side of the cage, leash, no-back-out collar, and she even has her new ID tag, which says that she is officially a member of the Easter family. :-)


We really pondered purchasing the correct size cage for her.  It helped that Scooby has a height measure on the adoptee photos on the site.  We bought the Series 800 carrier, which has these dimensions: 39L x 26W x 30H.  Will let you know if any hassles at the airport.  I think we'll be OK, but it will cost extra $$ to send, I'm sure. No worries about that.;-)

You'll note that Hazel is in the photos above. She's ready for her trip, in bubble wrap, and in a cushy sock in my backpack. :-) She's ready to do some good work at Scooby, as am I!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write while I'm there, but I have a journal to take lots of good notes, and my iPhone for photos and video, so that I can update this blog to let you know about the happenings and share the experience.  It's SO exciting!  This will certainly be a life-changing experience.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Please support Scooby!

Hasta Luego!

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment